The main corner in Alma has seen many changes over the years, but it has always maintained a friendly customer atmosphere, and provided top quality service.
The property was originally a farmers field. The present building was built in 1954 by brothers Al and Milt Ruston, after their shop up the street was destroyed by fire. Here they continued to specialize in automotive repair and held a Ford Tractor and a Ford Automobile dealership. They were a "City Service" gas station, which then changed to "White Rose" gas, which eventually changed to "Shell Canada". The pumps and tanks were removed in 1995, and since then, the business has been strictly involved in automotive repairs.
In 1963, Art White built a new garage in Alma, (which is now the Transmission shop). As his business grew, he needed more room to expand, and bought the Ruston Brothers garage in 1975, where he continued to run his business for the next 21 years under the name White's Garage.
In 1996, after the announcement of Art's retirement, long time employee, Ken Buehler, purchased the business and property. He opened his business in February 1, 1997, under the same name. As of February 1999, the business's name changed to Buehler Automotive & Transmission Inc.
During the summer of 2000, the main shop underwent extensive construction adding two new bays. One bay now houses an inground dynomometer which enabled Buehler Automotive and Transmission to do emissions testing on light duty vehicles as well as heavy duty vehicles through the Drive Clean Program. We, at Buehler Automotive & Transmission, are an accredited HDV LDV testing and repair facility